bg

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fun Fall time!

I love fall.  From the cooler weather, to the excitement of holidays to come!  I just adore it!  It all starts with Halloween!  Well it used to start with Halloween, now it starts with the girl's birthday (for me anyways) ;)  And than comes the hubby's and my anniversary.  We just celebrated 6 years! Time definitely flies by!  We celebrated by going to Beni-Hana, our tradition since our first anniversary.  I remember the first time we were going to go, I was not happy, I didn't think I'd like it, but now I cannot imagine, not going there! It's so fun, and the food is awesome.


It was nice to go out on a date again, just the two of us.  We rarely do that.  We need to do that more often lol.

This Halloween the girls had so much fun!! Every year it seems to become more fun because the girls get their own ideas in their heads and pick out what they want to look like/be.  Cassie decided to be Strawberry shortcake and Scarlett chose to be Katy Perry.  They were so cute!  Like any girl, they LOVE getting dressed up and it makes it even better if they get to wear wigs.


The only thing I had to make this year was Katy Perry's headband.  I could not find that dang heart headband anywhere!!  And finally when I did, it was online for like $50.  No way jose... So we dropped by Hobby Lobby (I could get in a lot of trouble at that store) lol and made one for $2.  I think it turned out cuter anyways... What do you think?


They got to show off their costumes at school.  Each class walked in the parade and you know they LOVED the applause ;).  We walked around our neighborhood, grandma's neighborhood, and went to Nana's house.  I think they each got about 10 lbs of candy!  By the time we got to the last street they were both so tired, they were begging to go home.  Of course they fell asleep on the drive home.  You better believe we carved some pumpkins before we got dressed up!

The girls got to have a sleep over with their cousin Hayden and had so much fun.  The library down the street transformed into "Hogwarts" for halloween and they got to attend.  The girls were both put into the "Hufflepuff" class and Hayden was put in "Slytherin."  They got to choose magical animals, make post cards, learn the ancient art of runes, make Harry Potter glasses, make a magic wand, and even take a potions class!  At the end they got to enjoy a nice big glass of "butter-beer".  They said it was super yummy.







They had so much fun diggin in those pumpkins.. Well Hayden and Scarlett did, Cassie had to hold in puke everytime she put her hand in there, till eventually she just stopped and let Hayden do the rest.  It must be a texture thing.  Cassie and Hayden did the pumpkin on the left and Scarlett and I did the pumpkin on the right.  They were the "lovebug" pumpkins.  The one on the left was supposed to have another tooth but it fell out, oh well lol.

Now I'm thinking about Christmas.  I know I know, Thanksgiving is coming but, I gotta plan WAY ahead for Christmas.  Plus Christmas is my FAVORITE holiday.  I just love the feeling of the season.  Plus the cold weather.  I'm hoping we can get up north this winter again to see some snow.  The girls still talk about that year we went to the North Pole to see Santa and got to play in the snow.  In the end, I think that's what it comes down to, the memories.  It's the little things you remember from when you were a kid, and I cannot wait to make so many more memories this holiday season with my family and friends!  <3

Thanks for comin by!  Hope you are well!

Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment