bg

Monday, February 28, 2011

LOW FAT SUPER YUMMY MEATLOAF

So I haven't made meatloaf in a long time because I thought that no matter what it would be too fatty and I wouldnt want to screw up my diet. I dont wanna fiddle around with using ground turkey (its just not the same! i need some beef! lol). So today I played around on the recipe maker and found a way to make a SUPER yummy meatloaf that is really low fat/carbs/etc! You get a hearty/rib sticking portion, eat it with a power food and hey its an awesome meal! Here's what I did!
LOW FAT SUPER YUMMY MEATLOAF




Ingredients:
non stick spray
1lb 93% lean ground beef
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 or 2 clove's of garlic *whichever you prefer* (i always use a lot) 
4 oz hungry man spicy sauce *or you can use just tomato sauce*
1c of finely chopped onion
3 egg whites (no yolk)
1 cup of Rice Crispies cereal
and 1 tsp of ketchup for at the end.



Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray. Mix ingredients together except ketchup. Bake for about 40-45 mins. Spread the ketchup on the last 5 minutes. Slice into 4 even sections. 1 piece = 1 serving. 


I got to the part where you were supposed to use tomato sauce and saw i had only tomato soup or that sauce for sloppy joes so i threw that in there as a substitute and OMG it came out way better.  The spiciness of the sauce gave it a little more flavor and kick!  Hope you guys like it!! My kids and husband ate it and thought it was awesome! Then i told them I used rice crispies instead of real rice and breadcrumbs and they were like WHAT?! lol You couldn't even tell the difference! lmao.  If you guys make it comment on here and tell me how you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment