bg

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ok so tonight I was dreaming of the yummy "Crab Alfredo" from Red Lobster, but alas, having a budget means not eating out a lot, and definitely not Red Lobster... So I decided to try to make my own!  I LOVED the outcome and almost would rather just do this everytime than even go to RL! 1: its cheaper, 2: no crowds 3: i can customize it!  The downsides, none of those cheesy garlicy bisquits, and the clean up afterwards... Hey I'll have to master those bisquits next!  Here is the recipe I used to make the alfredo sauce, (note: I like a thicker sauce, so customize it to your liking with a litle less cheese if you like it runnier).

Mrs. Stanescu's "famous" (ok not yet but maybe one day!) Alfredo

Ingredients:

6 tablespoons of butter
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
16 oz heavy whipping cream
salt to taste
pinch of nutmeg
parmesean and romano cheese
2 egg YOLKS *no egg whites*

Directions:

In a med-large saucepan melt the butter on medium heat. Saute the garlic in there and once mixed together, slowly add the cream stirring constantly.  Once warmed up, add the salt nutmeg and the cheese.  Add the cheese slowly so you can control the consistency, making sure the cheese is melted in the sauce before you add more.  Keep stirring!  Once you like the amount of cheese add the egg yolks and mix well.  Cook about 3 to 4 more minutes and than enjoy on top of your favorite pasta!  Add the crab, shrimp, chicken, whatever you like!  Or just eat alone, its wonderful anyway you make it.  This recipe is enough for about 4 people, so expect to have left overs or just cut it in half for less.  Make sure you have the pasta cooking because it does go pretty fast once you add the cheese.

I made a chocolate cake for dessert with some homemade buttercream frosting but while it was good, it wasnt perfect, so once I'm happy with that recipe I will post it!  Hope you enjoy the alfredo sauce!  Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment