bg

Monday, December 13, 2010

*yawn*

Finally my kids went to bed, well, Scarlett went to bed.  Cassie fell asleep no problem at 8 o'clock sharp while Scar decided to sit there and scream her head off, in the hopes of waking her sister no doubt.  I wisked her out of that room so fast it made her head spin.  I totally agree with that method that if your kid doesnt want to go bed, (especially a toddler) even when they scream their head off, just to kind of ignore them and eventually they will fall fast asleep, however that DOES NOT work with twins that share a room!  That usually ends up horribly with the other twin waking up and staying up until 3 in the morning while the previous "Screamer" sleeps peacefully, and me, applying duck tape to my eyes to keep them open.  What do other moms or dads do in this situation?  IDK.  Pretty much I caved in and let her sit up with me and watch Giada de Laurentiis' show in the living room till her little eyes finally closed....  Actually her show is pretty calming, maybe thats what I need to make them watch before bed!! lol  It was so much easier when they were caged in by their cribs and couldnt do anything. 
Today I was excited to master the "roast in a crockpot" dinner.  Not hard at all!  Just throw a big hunk
of meat in the crockpot, add some spices, veggies, and some broth and WAHLA! Cook for 6 to 8 hours and you got yourself a dang good meal!  My husband walked through the door after work and was taken aback by the delicious smell.  I love my crockpot you can make almost anything in there!
I also got most of my christmas shopping done!  Just a few little things here and there and we will be all good!  Pretty much stocking stuffers is it.  I am so excited for Christmas this year because the girls actually know whats going on!  I put so much effort into making Christmas enjoyable the first two years only to see that they really didnt even know the difference from any other day!  I ended up in tears the first year when they didnt care to unwrap any of the presents I spent the previous night delicately wrapping thinking they were going to jump out of bed excited for christmas lol.  This year will be that year!  This has been a fun year, I guess a fun age.  With all the tantrums, there were also lots of hugs, and good times.  They are so much more aware of whats going on and its so cute to see them get excited about things. 
Well I better be off,  the girls have school and I am volunteering tomorrow.  We are making gingerbread houses!  So fun! I'll be sure to post pictures!  Bare with me as I learn how to do this whole blogging thing!  Hopefully I'll get the hang of it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment