bg

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Polar Express

Wow, its been a lil bit since I've been on!  The past week has just flown by!  Well time has been flying by in general anyways.  Christmas was wonderful!  The girls got to see snow for the first time!   I've seen snow before, but by the time it hit the ground it was melted, so I was excited to see snow like this also for the first time.  I LOVE the snow!! My husband on the other hand was reminded why he doesnt want to live anywhere cold like that again, lol.  He's from Chicago, and is tired of snow.  Coming from AZ, I love anything cold, and wet.  At first, the girls weren't to sure about it, they got out of the car and noticed how slippery it was and just wanted to get inside.  That was until I showed them that you can make it into a ball and throw it at daddy!  Boy did they have fun with that. 


Look at those AWESOME jackets!  They were kept so nice and cozy in those wonderful jackets.. *THANKS GRANDMA!!*  I love the weather up there.  It was perfect.  Just cold enough for the snow but not overwhelming or uncomfortable. 

We finally get the girls to come up to our hotel room and within 20 minutes, Miss Scarlett Anne got her head stuck between the thick metal luggage bars.  Boy was that fun!  Unfortunately I did not get a picture, that would've been hilarious.  But at the time, I was just concerned about getting my screaming 3 year old out of the bars.  Poor Cassie thought this was the end of her dear sister and was not having a great time either.  My husband ran down to get help and by the time him, hotel staff, and hotel security were back up I had squeezed her little booty out of the bars. (thank God!) Hopefully she learned her lesson! :)

Next up was the actual "Polar Express".  It was so fun!  The train was built in 1921 so it was like stepping into a time machine.  It was so nice and toasty in there I could've just sat there all night.  Of course the girls each got a window seat.



They had the whole outside decorated with lights and people were standing around waving at all the people on the train.  Even Mrs. Claus came the wave goodbye to the passengers. It took about 30 mins but we got to the north pole!  The girls were so excited to see Santa!



They passed out hot cocoa and chocolate chip cookies and read the Polar Express book while we were waiting patiently for Santa to make his rounds.




When Santa handed the girls their bells, their eyes lit up like the fourth of July!



All in all, we had an amazing time!  The drive felt a little long to me, but slowly Im getting used to driving long distances. lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment